Garden City Politics - Victoria, BC

Discussion of Municipal Politics for Victoria, British Columbia and metropoltian area, covering civic policy, bylaw issues, policing, and of course, gossip.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Commitee of the whole agenda

This agenda includes the final reccomendations from staff on Dogs in Parks. I will be keeping an eye on that item, and will report back. They are also going to talk about giving the lower causeway of the inner harbour an heritage designation. Other than that, it's the usual heritage designations and zoning changes that is the usual work of city council. There are some legal issues that will be talked about during the closed session at the end of the meeting.

I'm learning that a lot of stuff goes on as well in items with innocuous names like dispostion of communications. Keeping up with council is a bit of a learning curve, and if anyone cares to help out here, I'll be glad for the help. I'm sure there are people who know more about what to watch for than I do, and I am also sure that there are people who can feed me juicy rumours. I am all ears... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home